WATCH US Police on Two-Hour Chase After Hijacked 'Tank-Like' Vehicle

Viral       by Nozair Hanif Mirza | Published

Viral by Nozair Hanif Mirza | Published

- Onlookers took video as an armored vehicle was chased through Richmond, Virginia Tuesday evening.

The vehicle was stolen from Fort Pickett, a military installation in Southern Virginia.

The soldier led police to Virginia's capitol of Richmond, and was heading through downtown straight toward the Capitol building. She said the vehicle, which moves on tracks similar to a tank, was not equipped with any weaponry. The vehicle, either an M577- or M1068-series armored command vehicle in an overall sand color, with police in front and behind, clearly attempting to keep innocent bystanders out of the way.

Police blocked exit ramps during the chase for the safety of the public, Hill said.

One person on Twitter said: "Driving down Broad Street in Richmond".

State police pursued the vehicle, which was driven at speeds that topped out at around 40 miles per hour, according to police.

Possible Continued Sonic Attacks Force Evacuation Of US Workers From China
On Wednesday, the State Department said it was evacuating several more Americans from Guangzhou for further health screenings. One of the study's authors, Randel Swanson, described the symptoms as being "like a concussion without a concussion".

RAW: State police chase armored military vehicle on Rt.

Police in Virginia, yesterday, had quite the GTA-like pursuit when Virginia Army National Guard member Joshua Yabut, 29, stole an armored personnel carrier from Fort Pickett. Police gave chase, driving behind the tank-like vehicle roughly 60 miles north to Richmond.

The report notes that authorities have not discovered how he was able to steal the vehicle at the facility.

Local reporter Ned Oliver said: "Witnesses say he drove the vehicle up on the median, stopped, got out and started walking around". He is being held in Richmond City Jail, officials said. The adult male driver is in state police custody as of 9:40 p.m.

Police shot the suspect with a stun gun.

Latest News