The video was watched about 22 million times and shared more than 600,000 times before a doctor at the hospital she had been admitted to found the tick in her scalp. The reason? A tick bite. She was also struggling to speak, her mother Jessica Griffin noticed.
"I immediately called my husband, who is in Iraq, freaking out over the phone asking what could be going on, and he told me that I needed to put the tick in a zip-lock bag and take it with me straight to the E.R. and that it was more than likely tick paralysis", she told Mississippi News Now. Initially, she brushed it off by saying that her daughter's legs were sleeping.
Griffin said that her daughter was admitted to hospital as they conducted tests.
Mom at first thought that maybe Kailyn had slept in an awkward position and her legs had gone numb, according to a Facebook post. Medical officials began to investigate to see what was wrong with Kailyn. "After tons of blood work and a CT of the head UMMC [University of Mississippi Medical Center] has ruled it as tick paralysis!"
Symptoms can take up to seven days to develop.
If someone who has been outdoors in the spring or summer months suddenly becomes weak and appears to be getting worse, tick paralysis could be the cause. If the tick is not removed, people could face facial and tongue paralysis.
United States, Canada and Mexico awarded 2026 World Cup
The United bid made a presentation to UEFA officials on Tuesday, with CSA president Steve Reed handling the Canadian portion. Member associations voted Wednesday at the FIFA Congress in Moscow in favour of the North American bid over that of Morocco.
"Now I know I'm not the only one out there that hasn't ever heard of TICK PARALYSIS!" "Her pediatrician said it had sucked so much over the night that it had gotten that big and released a toxin".
Jessica Griffin, from MS in the U.S., said she did not realise anything was wrong with Kailyn until the little girl woke up last Wednesday morning. Griffin wrote, including a raised hands emoji.
"PLEASE for the love of god check your kids for ticks!" she posted.
"We are going to be encountering more and more cases because we are seeing more and more ticks", said Jim Wilson, President of Canada Lyme Disease Foundation.
Once the tick is removed, rapid recovery is common. New Jersey government officials mentioned that the Longhorned ticks made it to another county in the state.
Every year 30,000 Americans are infected with Lyme disease.