Sadio Mane discusses potential Reds exit ahead of World Cup

Sadio Mane

GETTY Liverpool lost to Real Madrid in the Champions League final

Earlier this month, France Football claimed Real Madrid had a deal in place to bring the Senegal worldwide to the Santiago Bernabeu, only for Zinedine Zidane's shock departure to leave the reported move in doubt. As as I say, I'm happy at Anfield but you never know what will happen in the future.

Los Blancos have been tipped to move for the Senegal worldwide, who scored against them in the Reds' Champions League final defeat last month.

In 73 appearances for the Reds, he has scored 25 goals and laid on 14 assists, including 10 strikes during their Champions League campaign this season.

Mane, 26, was a key player for Liverpool in their 2017-18 campaign, as Jurgen Klopp's team finished fourth in the Premier League and made it to the Champions League final only to lose to Real Madrid.

EU Withdrawal Bill debate: Day 1
Dealing with this in an "ad hoc way", he said on Tuesday, would be "infinitely more damaging" than establishing a procedure now. Now the focus shifts to the price of the rebels' compliance, and it could be a high one for the beleaguered prime minister.


Alongside Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino, the African star has become one of the most sought-after attackers in Europe, which has prompted interest from Los Blancos.

"As I said, I am happy in Liverpool". In the interview, Sadio Mane said that he is happy with the Reds at the moment.

"We lost to the best team in the world". The defeat is but ticked off.

Senegal stand a strong chance of progressing to the round of 16, which would be an impressive feat considering this is their first time in the World Cup since 2002 and only their second in history. "That's my whole focus". But the former French International shocked the world when he announced his departure, four days after Real Madrid's Champions League.

Latest News