The video of Lesandro Guzman-Feliz being dragged from a corner store in the Bronx by a group of masked attackers and stabbed to death is especially brutal, but police in NY said they needed to release it in a bid to find the assailants.
On Wednesday night, five men dragged the boy out of a bodega by his hood and stabbed him to death.
Police have released new surveillance video showing at least six people were involved in the attack, and shows the assailants fleeing in a white auto.
According to the New York Post, investigators are pursuing leads that suggest Guzman-Feliz was attacked by mistake, with his killers believing he uploaded a disturbing sex video including himself and the relative of one of the attackers. The teen was then dragged outside where he was repeatedly stabbed with machetes.
"Since he was 5 years old, he told me, 'Mommy, I want to be a police, '" Feliz told the New York Post. In one video, taken from outside a window several stories above the violence scene, bystanders can be heard screaming, "Oh sh**!"
The NYPD released a statement Sunday evening saying, in part: "The Department has identified multiple suspects and is in the process of interviewing some of them at this time".
House to vote on closely watched immigration bills
That's despite a damaging tweet by President Donald Trump urging them to wait until after the November elections. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., center, chairman of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, flanked by Rep.
After being stabbed the teen ran to nearby St. Barnabas Hospital but collapsed on the sidewalk. I know it doesn't mean a lot.
A gang leader may have claimed responsibility and apologized following the brutal slaying of Bronx teenager Lesandro Guzman-Feliz outside a bodega earlier this week.
No arrests have been made.
They have one objective, he said: Justice for Junior.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).