He said he "prayed" that no one else would experience what he had.
Afghan girls grieve as they attend the burial of a family member August 16, 2018, a day after a suicide attack that targeted a Shiite educational training center in the Kabul.
According to al Jazeera, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed responsibility for the attack.
In a separate incident, a spy agency training facility in Kabul was under attack early on Thursday.
Special units had arrived at the scene, Nasrat Rahimi, a spokesman for the Afghan Interior Ministry, said.
Separately, six girls younger than 10 were killed when an unexploded mortar they picked up to play with suddenly exploded on Wednesday, officials in the eastern province of Laghman said. The operation to neutralize the threat continues. In the past two years, there were at least 13 attacks on the Shiite community in Kabul alone, he said.
Overdose total hits 76 in CT park near Yale
The CDC said a record 72,000 Americans died past year because of drug overdose - about 10 percent higher than previous figures. They were transported to area hospitals including Yale-New Haven Hospital and the Hospital of Saint Raphael.
"UNICEF is gravely concerned about the growing violence across Afghanistan, especially over the past week, where children continue to be the hardest hit", UNICEF Executive Director Henrietta Fore said in a statement.
The United Nations Security Council condemned the bombing as a "heinous and cowardly terrorist attack", saying that it "underlined the need to hold perpetrators, organizers, financiers and sponsors of these reprehensible acts of terrorism accountable and bring them to justice".
The "Islamic State" militant group on Thursday claimed responsibility for the attack.
Fighting continued in densely populated areas, causing as many as 150 civilian deaths, along with hundreds of Taliban fighters and security personnel, according to UNAMA.
The shooting - which underscored the near-daily, persistent threats in war-battered Afghanistan - was sporadic and it wasn't immediately clear how many gunmen are involved in the assault.
Some bodies had been double-counted when they were being taken to hospital from the blast site following Wednesday's attack, the ministry said on Thursday.
This comes as the anti-government armed militants have been attempting to expand their attacks in the key provinces and cities of the country during the recent months. Taliban had launched an attack last Friday and managed to make their way to the city center.