Matthew Perry's secret 3-month hospital stay

Matthew Perry Reveals He's Spent '3 Months in a Hospital Bed' Following Gastrointestinal Surgery

Matthew Perry has spent three months in hospital after surgery

Matthew Perry attends "The Circle" Premiere at the BMCC Tribeca PAC on 26 April 2017 in New York City.

A representative for Matthew said in a statement at the time: "Matthew Perry recently underwent surgery in a Los Angeles hospital to fix a gastrointestinal perforation".

In fact, Perry underwent gastrointestinal surgery after suffering a perforated bowel, a condition which can be life-threatening, and surgery for which can be followed by various complications.

On Friday, the actor took to Twitter to reveal that he has spent the last three months in a hospital bed after developing a serious gastrointestinal issue that required surgery last month.

Recently, Perry's friend Kayti Edwards spoke about the height of the star's addiction, telling Us Weekly that he was "on a roll for about three months" when she realised how bad it had got. "Check", Matthew wrote, which has since been liked nearly 10,000 times. "He is grateful for the concern and asks for continued privacy as he heels", it read.

One user wrote: "We love you". I wish you a speedy recovery.

A gastrointestinal perforation is a hole with forms through the stomach, bowel or small intestine, according to Healthline.

Matthew seemingly tweeted from his hospital bed
Matthew seemingly tweeted from his hospital bed

Symptoms include severe abdominal pain.

In the past, Matthew Perry has been open about struggles with addiction and how it has impacted his physical health.

"I'm an award-winning alcoholic", Perry told The Hollywood Reporter.

Matthew found fame in the 1990s while starring as Chandler Bing in classic United States sitcom Friends.

Over time, Matthew worked hard towards sobriety and now owns his own sober-living facility named Perry House.

After finally becoming available on Netflix in January, fans have rewatched the series and it has gained even more popularity.

Man dies from shark attack off Cape Cod
Mr Medici, who is the first man to be killed in the state in more than 80 years, came to America for college two years ago. Hayley Williamson, a Cape Cod resident and former lifeguard who was on the beach at the time, was left in disbelief.


Latest News